Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Student Evaluation of Faculty
The Faculty Senate is interested in your comments on the new online student evaluation of faculty. This semester marks the second round of online evaluations; however, only Math and online classes used this system in the fall. Now that all student evaluations will be conducted online, we'd like to know about your experiences so far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I've heard that some of these evaluations were proctored at the Beach campus. If it was done for some, there should be an option for all to be done this way.
Classes have been over now for more than two weeks, but the spring evaluations seem to have vanished into thin air -- anyone have an idea why that might be?
Mike Williams dropped the ball again (for the 900th time this year). I had an e-mail in my groupwise today.
When possible, all student evaluations should be conducted during class time to ensure a significant number of responses.
Evaluations should be completed in class and before grades are submitted. Two weeks to complete an evaluation is absurd when I only have 24 hours in which to grade a final exam, determine grades, and fill out the required fields.
I am all for the electronic versus paper - it saves time and resources.
However, I see significantly smaller number of persons responding to the email, let alone completing the process.
Post a Comment